WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection: Being a WordPress website developer, the situation can be too terrible for you when you are suddenly unable to access your site for any reason. You can be sometimes preventing from being accessing your WordPress website just because of the Error Establishing A Database Connection WordPress. This is the most common as well as a serious problem most users come up-front usually when WordPress is not able to make a proper connection to the database.
A number of important things can get affected if the connection is lost between WordPress and Database. That’s why; it is required to immediately take an action for solving the error by establishing a database connection in WordPress. In this guide, you will learn the right ways to fix the error. Thus, read it out!
Possible Reasons For WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection
There can be a handful of reasons due to which the ‘Error Establishing A Database Connection In WordPress’ occurs. Some of them are listed underneath, check them out by giving a glance:
- Wrong database details in your WordPress Settings.
- Using the corrupted WordPress files could also trigger such a database connection error.
- Because of the corrupted database.
- When the database server is down, then also such an error arises.
- If there is too much traffic on your Website.
WordPress Requires the Following Information To Connect With Database:
Solutions To Quick-Fix WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection
Since we value your precious time, that’s why without any delay we are going to describe the effectual solutions below so that you can in the pinch fix the WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection. Let’s take a brief look at once and follow the provided directives in an appropriate manner:
Solution 1: Check Your Database Login Credentials
WordPress is one of the prominent open-source content management systems usually uses a database to store all your product content and other website detail. Though, it is also the fact that for making a connection to the database, the correct login credentials are highly required.
Therefore, if you enter an incorrect either database username or password, the WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection will definitely arise. This is the reason why we suggest you here to first check your database details like your name, username, and password, and database host for 100% correctly inserted. However, you can confirm all this information directly from your WordPress hosting account dashboard. Here is what to do:
- You just have to log in to your hosting account
- Then, select the “Databases” option from the left panel
- Now, give a single click on the “MySQL Databases” link.
- You will be then directly landed on the database management page. From there, you can find out your database name and username.
- And then you will find the database users and links to change the password.
- You can anytime change the database information in your wp-config.php file whenever it is required.
- Afterward, visit your WordPress website to check if the Database Connection Error has been solved.
If you still see the same error, then this means something else is wrong. Continue reading to find the next solving guide.
Solution 2: Check Your Database Host Information
If it is confirmed by your end that the complete information related to the database is correct, then in the next you also have to make sure that you are using the correct database host information. Numerous WordPress hosting companies use localhost as your database host.
However, some managed WordPress hosting companies use specific servers to host databases. In such conditions, your database host information will not be localhost. For that, you should contact your WordPress hosting company to ensure your database host information.
Solution 3: Check If Database Server Is Down
If everything seems to be correct but unfortunately still facing the Error Establishing A Database Connection WordPress, then this time most probably your database server (MySQL server) is down. This could happen most of the time because of heavy traffic on a server.
Generally, your host server cannot handle the load specifically the time when you are on shared hosting. Your site will really go slow and for some users, it may even result in a database connection error. Therefore the best thing you should do is get on the phone or live chat with your hosting provider and urge them for your MySQL server to be responsive.
Solution 4: Update WordPress Site URL
Another possible solution you are suggested to do is try updating the WordPress site URL using phpMyAdmin. Here is how:
- Simply access phpMyAdmin from your hosting account dashboard, and select your WordPress database to check the URL for updates.
- Afterward, place a click on the “SQL” menu on the top and enter the following MySQL query. UPDATE wp_options SET option_value=’YOUR_SITE_URL’ WHERE option_name=’siteurl’
Never ever forget to mention your own site URL and change wp_options to your own table name as you may have changed the WordPress table prefix. If now you are able to connect the database, the problem has been resolved. But if yet won’t connect, continue fixing using the next solving guide.
Solution 5: Rebooting Web Server
Users on dedicated servers, local servers, and virtual private servers (VPS) can simply try rebooting their Web servers. This will soon restart your web and database server which may fix some temporary glitches including the Error Establishing A Database Connection.
Solution 6: Eliminate Corrupted Plugins And Themes
WordPress files may get corrupted due to outdated plugins or themes. Therefore, try updating your WordPress and remove the damaged plugins or themes if find any. However, you can remove the corrupt files via FTP or by accessing the files in the host’s admin panel.
To access the files, first, open cPanel, go to the “Files” menu and select the “File Manager” tab.
- If your website is the main site on your server, look for the “public_html” tab and click on it.
- If it’s another site on your server, look for the folder with the site’s name and click on it.
- Afterward, seek a folder named “wp-content” and give a click on it.
- Now, search for the folders for your themes and plugins. Rename the folder you suspect if any is the culprit. Remember, considering the quality of your themes and plugins.
If after renaming the folder of plugins and themes and the same problem persists, plugins and themes are not the problems. Try out the next solving guide.
Solution 7: Replace Fault WordPress Files
- If, in case, your WordPress files are corrupt, download a fresh new copy of WordPress and unzip it. Here’s the step you need to go through:
- First of all, remove the “wp-content” folder and also delete the file called “wp-config-sample.php”.
- Finally, upload the fresh files to the WordPress root folder.
- This will overwrite all files except the two you have recently deleted.
- Now, access your WordPress site to see if it solves your WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection problem.
Solution 8: Contact Your Web Host Provider for WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection
If nothing else works, it’s high time to make a direct connection with your Web Host provider. Contacting your host for instant support is the ultimate decision for anyone unable to fix his/her issues. You can grab fast-reacting support from the host via live chat. You can frequently raise a query in front of the host team that you are experiencing a Database Connection error. They will help you to solve your error in a short span, it is 100% guaranteed.
Contact WordPress Support Team To Quick-Fix Database Connection Error
We hope this guide helps in solving the Error Establishing A Database Connection WordPress. If in case the error is yet persisting, feel free to reach us via 24/7 Online WordPress Support Number. We are a team of highly proficient and well-educated engineers who know better how to deal with customers’ queries. Thus, with no confusion connect with us and get your problem solved in just a second.