Are you looking for the most reliable plugin to maintain the regular backup of your website? Well! Backup is essential for the website’s safety, it works like a net to protect the site. With “Best WordPress Backup Plugin”, you can quickly restore the website data if it crashes due to any reason. However, it is necessary to make sure that you are using the latest and up-to-date backup plugin. Else, you may end up losing important data. A quality backup plugin will make sure that you have the backup of all the information.
In this post, we are going to share details about the Best WordPress Backup plugin present in the market that you can use to keep your website data safe and secure. We also help you to choose the best one for your website.
How to choose the Best WordPress Backup Plugin?
There are a plethora of options available in the market to choose from, however, it is not so simple to end up with the Best WordPress Backup plugin for your website. A good plugin will not only help you to make an easy backup for the website but also help to restore it when the right time comes.
Here is what you should look for while choosing the Best WordPress Backup Plugin for your website:
- Complete website backup: Your backup copy must include the database and file of your website. There is a plugin that only takes the backup of files, but not the database. So, you need to choose the one carefully that takes the complete backup of the database as well as files.
- Incremental Plugins: When the user backups the website, it puts a heavy load on the server. This heavy load can slow the performance of your website and affect the processing. If you choose the best WordPress Backup plugin that supports incremental technology, then it can divide your website into small chunks and create copies without putting any pressure on the website.
- Safe Storage: Some of the WordPress plugins provide the backups, but store the copy on the same website server. So, if your server goes down, you will end up losing both the backup and website. Thus, it is important to keep the copy offsite on the other server or local storage.
- Real-Time Backup: If you are into the eCommerce business, you would require real-time data backup. This will help you make sure that every new order placed will be immediately stored, which means, you won’t end up losing any transaction details. A best WordPress backup Plugin will take the backup of the changes and then add that to the copy rather than taking the complete backup every time.
- Offsite Storage: Some hosts and plugins provide the backup but also store the same copy over the website. Thus, if your server crashes, you will end up losing the backup and website. It is better to keep the copy offsite for future retrieval.
- Scheduled Backup: If you want to save the frequent changes on a regular basis, you need to schedule the backups to run on their own. This means the backup will automatically be taken at regular intervals of time.
- Responsive support: When it is about the backup, you need to contact the support team for troubleshooting the related problem that you face during the setup, restore, and backup processes. So, choose the plugin that is backed up by the trustworthy support team.
Best WordPress Backup Plugins
Below we have narrowed down the top 6 Best WordPress Backup Plugins out of which you can choose the one that perfectly matches your needs.
- The BackupBuddy WordPress Plugin has been ruling the market for a decade now. This backup plugin will let you backup your file, database or we say the complete WordPress Installation.
- By using this WordPress backup plugin, you can take the backup of; Website pages, Widgets, Posts, Comments, Core files, Databases, Users, Pictures, Videos, Settings, Plugins Files, Themes, Tags, Settings, Categories, etc. The file’s backup is stored offsite in a secure and safe location. Once the backup is done, you are supposed to download the zip file to another hard drive.
- This plugin can help the users to take backup of every element of the website. A user can customize the backup as per their requirement. Using this backup plugin, you can schedule the automatic backup, so you do not need to do it manually every time.
- If the user wants to change the hosts or domain of their WordPress website, BackBuddy can help them to do so easily. The tool can help to run the malware scan and identify the potential threats.
- Back up the database and WordPress files.
- Content customization.
- Easy restore process.
- Real-time backup.
- Scheduled automatic backup.
- Offsite secure backup storage and download feature.
- Word fries migration to a new domain, host, or URL.
- Staging and cloning.
- Starts with $80/year for a single website license, and 1 GB Stash storage space.
- BlogVault is one of the most reliable and best WordPress backup plugins present in the market. It is also one of the most recommended plugins for users to take the website users.
- The users can purchase this plugin for $7.40/month. The plugin provides easy migration if they want to change the web hosts. With the Blog Vault, you can take the backup of your website, even if the website is down. The user can access the backup of their website anytime using the BlogVault dashboard. This WordPress Backup Plugin helps to create multiple backup copies of the website and lets the users upload the back to their third-party storage sites like DropBox or Google Drive to provide protection against the lost data. The user can also keep the up-to-date backup using the “Daily Automatic Backups” feature.
- Recovering the website is also easy with the BlogVault. A single click can help you restore the backed-up website and take it back to the place like it was before the hacking attack happened, or the user lost the sensitive information.
- The tool can also help the users to add the services to their website. A user can manage the backup of their website on a dashboard, analytics, and generate the reports.
- Automated and scheduled backups.
- Website migration compatibility with 5000 + hosts.
- Centralized and independent dashboard.
- Uptime monitoring.
- Free Staging.
- WooCommerce backup with the 365-day backup archive.
The BlogVault comes with a 7-day free trial plan. After that, users can buy monthly and yearly subscriptions by paying $7.40 and $89 respectively.
The Jetpack comes with a WordPress plugin suite that helps the users to keep the website’s back up and protect it against viruses and malware. By using this plugin, users can make changes to their website in real-time with peace of mind and comfort.
- As the name represents, this backup plugin creates a backup for the website with jet-like speed. This wordpress backup plugin automatically creates a website backup once a day, and 30 days a month. Thus, if your website crashes due to any reason, you easily get the backup of the past 30 days for your website.
- The plugin supports the ” one-click restore” feature that enables the users to run their website from their computer or smartphone device irrespective of the location with an active internet connection.
- For the real-time backup, users need to pay $49.97/month, $49.95/year and for daily backup, the charges are $9.95/month, $95.45/year. It is highly recommended to go for nearly real-time backup so that you continue using the website without any problem.
- Complicated website backup using incremental Technology.
- Unlimited backup archives.
- Offline website free storage.
- Real-time backup.
- Automated daily backups.
- Storage on multiple offsite servers.
- Top-class customer support.
Available for a $47.97/year subscription and comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- UpdraftPlus is also one of the best free WordPress backup plugins present in the market. This backup plugin is very simple to use; the user with no prior technical experience can directly use it to backup and restore their website content with one or two clicks.
- By using the free version of UpdraftPlus, users can take full backups, scheduled backups, and manual backups. This tool also helps to backup and restore the themes, database, and plugins with the free version.
- The automatic backup option is also available on an hourly and monthly basis. If the users want to manage their backup plugin manually, they can use the migrate, restore, and clone option along with the backup button. The users can access the current backup from the dashboard. Also, it is easy to delete or restore the previous version if it is no longer in use.
- The Updraft Plus comes with a remote storage option that allows the users to place their data in remote storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, One drive, etc. This WordPress backup plugin also uses several server resources which can be beneficial for those using the shared web hosting services.
- This free WordPress backup plugin offers a wide range of functionalities, however, if you want to upgrade to the premium version, you can do it by just paying $42/year.
By upgrading to the premium version, users can access features like:
- Incremental backups.
- Advanced reporting.
- Database Encryption.
- Multi-network/multi-site compatibility.
- Backup of database and WP files to multiple remote locations.
- Dedicated export support
The incremental backup is one of the best features offered by UpdraftPlus. By using this feature, users can back up the new files added rather than taking the backup of the entire website every time. The support services provided by UpdraftPlus are incredible, so if you never face any problem, you can get in touch with the experts and immediately find the most reliable solution to fix it.
- Manual and Scheduled incremental backups.
- A plethora of add ons for extended functionality.
- Migration and cloning.
- Secure storage.
- Restore the backup using the control panel.
The basic version is available for free, and the premium plan at $42/year.
- Duplicator is the other most popular choice among the users when it comes to the best WordPress backup plugin. With more than 1 million active users, this backup plugin can help to move, clone, and migrate the WordPress website between domains.
- The user can use this backup plugin for transferring their WordPress websites between different hosts. The plugin also allows users to clone their live website to the staging area and staging area to the live website. It also allows the users to have complete WordPress migration without sharing the SQL scripts.
- This WordPress backup plugin is a great option for beginners, and people with the least technical knowledge. For using the duplicator, you do not need to be a tech geek, however, you must have a little understanding of how things work before using it on your website.
- Duplicator is a great option for developers who are fed up with the manual configuration of themes and plugins setup for the development of the website. All you need is to create themes and set plugins once, then you can bundle it with the duplicator, and use it as the template for different clients.
- The Duplicator bundles up website content, database, themes, and plugins in a Zip file referred to as ” package”. The user can also upgrade to the Duplicator Pro version by paying $79/year and take benefits of features like scheduled backups. The created backup can be stored at a remote location or locally. The user can also set for an email notification to get updates about the backup.
A Duplicator is an ideal option for the developers who need to migrate frequently and be done configuring the themes and setting the plugins manually.
- Immediate and scheduled backups.
- Easy migration.
- Backup limit to avoid maximizing storage space.
- Email alerts and notifications.
This WordPress plugin is available for free, and the pro version is available at $79/year.
WP Time Capsule
- The user can integrate the WP Time Capsule backup plugin with a cloud storage application, which makes it the most prominent choice of users when it comes to the best WordPress backup plugins. The user with not only technical knowledge can efficiently use the WP Time Capsule features. Once you have successfully completed the plugin installation, you need to connect it to cloud storage like Google Drive, Amazon S3, Dropbox, or Wasabi.
- Once the user connects the plugin with cloud storage, it will start to create the backups automatically. All that user needs is to set the backup schedule, and the rest of the things will be managed by WP Time Capsule itself. The plugin also provides the calendar view option which is extremely beneficial to restore the content from a particular date. All that user needs is to click on the preferred date, and choose the option to restore or view the files from their selection.
- The WP Time Capsule takes the website backup incrementally, thus you do not need to create multiple copies for the files. So, if you want to use a simple and straightforward backup plugin, WP Time Capsule can be your best choice.
- Automated backups with edits and changes.
- Easy installation.
- Incremental backup.
- One-click restore.
- Offsite storage.
- Real-time backup.
- Staging Site test changes.
Available for 30 days free trial, and paid plan starts with $49/year. One-time payment option available starting from $149.
Which is the best WordPress backup plugin for you?
- Since every plugin has its own features, if you are looking for an all-in-one solution then UpdraftPlus can be your best option. However, if you want to go with a premium WordPress backup plugin that comes with a real-time Backup feature, content customization, or services like Staging and cloning, you must go for BackupBuddy. If you want to take the daily automatic backups “BackupVault” can be your best option.
- For the developers or tech-savvy person, Duplicator can be the best option as it can be used to clone, migrate, and move the content between servers.
And, if you are looking for a simple backup plugin that is easy to use, creates automatic backups, you must go for WP Time Capsule. We hope that this article will help you to find the WordPress Plugin for your website needs.
Make the best choice to take care of all your backup needs!